9th Africa DNS Forum (Virtual)
Platform: Zoom with Youtube and Facebook Streaming.
27th – 28th July 2021.
Network with other stakeholders and industry experts
Discuss business, technical, and policy aspects of the industry
Understanding of ICANN’s role in shaping the future of the Internet
Learn new approaches to establish and expand online presence
You will participate with stakeholders from various sectors across Africa and the world, in discussions on opportunities for competitive growth in the Africa Domain Name industry.
Who Should Attend?
- Evolution of the domain name ecosystem in Africa.
- Strengthening collaboration among stakeholders in the domain name ecosystem in Africa.
- Dissemination of outputs of the Africa Domain Name System Forum among key stakeholders in Africa.
- Fostering a culture of innovation in the Africa domain name ecosystem.
- Developments in the Domain Name Ecosystem in Africa and globally.
- Tracking new developments in the Domain Name Ecosystem in Africa and globally
- Identification of strategic action points key to growth of the domain name ecosystem in Africa.
- Strengthening stakeholder engagement in the Africa domain name ecosystem.
- Greater awareness of the factors impeding the growth of the Africa Domain Name ecosystem among the relevant stakeholders through the dissemination of Africa Domain Name System Forum outputs.
- Localization of domain name system forum initiatives.
AfRegistrar association includes all ICANN Accredited Registrars based in the African Continent, The AfRegistrars shall fulfil the role, responsibilities and functions of the AfRegistrar as defined within the ICANN Bylaws.
ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.