8th Africa DNS Virtual Forum.
Platform: Zoom with Youtube and Facebook Streaming.
27th – 28th July 2020.
Network with other stakeholders and industry experts
Discuss business, technical, and policy aspects of the industry
Understanding of ICANN’s role in shaping the future of the Internet
Learn new approaches to establish and expand online presence
You will participate with stakeholders from various sectors across Africa and the world, in discussions on opportunities for competitive growth in the Africa Domain Name industry.
Who Should Attend?
- Resilience of the DNS ecosystem in Africa in the face of calamities
- Leveraging the COVID-19 pandemic to develop electronic commerce in the Africa region
- Combating DNS Abuse in light of increased cyber threats during COVID-19
- Overall contribution of the DNS Industry during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Running a Domain Name Business in the times of emergencies
- Progress made in payment issues
- Ensuring the Domain Name eco-system in Africa remains resilient in light of the COVID-19 and future pandemics
- Supporting development of a robust ecommerce ecosystem as countries encourage citizens to embrace ecommerce, elearning, and egovernment.
- Showcasing innovative use cases of how the Domain Name System can be used to alleviate the effects of pandemic
- Taking stock of the state of the Domain Name Ecosystem on the African continent
- Recognizing the place of the DNS both as a business and a critical Infrastructure worth investing in, even more so in light of the current pandemic
AfRegistrar association includes all ICANN Accredited Registrars based in the African Continent, The AfRegistrars shall fulfil the role, responsibilities and functions of the AfRegistrar as defined within the ICANN Bylaws.
Africa Top Level Domains Organization (AFTLD) is the association of country code Top Level Domain registry (ccTLD) managers in the Africa Region. The main objective of AFTLD is to provide a forum for ccTLD managers from the Africa Region to discuss issues regarding management of ccTLD registries. AFTLD then presents their common position on key global issues in the Domain Name System (DNS) industry in International meetings.
ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.